1.1 The Website is reserved for healthcare professionals only and require a prior registration (“Registered Users”).
1.2 In order to register you must be a natural person with full legal capacity and a healthcare professional (medical practitioner/physician, dentist or pharmacist).
1.3 Registration or acceptance of registration does not affect any professional limitations that may be placed on a healthcare professional by legislation, rules and policies.
1.4 For the registration you are required to submit personal data, such as your name, profession, practice address and e-mail address (together the “Registration Data”). You are also required to choose a password, your user name will be your e-mail address (together the “Log-in Information”).
1.5 All Registration Data must be complete and accurate. You are required to update your Registration Data if it changes.
1.6 We reserve the right to decline registration or activation in case of the suspicion of fraud or falsity of personal information. No right to registration and/or activation exists.
1.7 You will receive an email containing a link you are required to activate and to confirm your registration. Only after successful confirmation of your registration you are able to access and use our Website that are reserved for Registered Users only (the “Registered Access”).
1.8 As soon as a precondition for becoming a Registered User (being a healthcare professional) no longer exists, you have to immediately notify us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and your right to use the Access ceases automatically.
1.9 You may register only once. We reserve the right to close any additional accounts a Registered User may register on the Website.
2. Using the Website and the LOG-IN Information
2.1 You are required to keep your Log-in Information secure at any time and must not share it with other third parties, in particular where legislation restricts access to product or professional information by lay persons. In the event you become aware of or reasonably suspect any breach of security, such as an unauthorised use of your Log-in Information by a third party, or of any loss, theft or disclosure of your Log-in Information, you must immediately notify us.
2.2 Your Access is personal to you and you may not disclose, assign or otherwise transfer your Access and/or Log-in Information to any other person or entity.
2.3 You are responsible for all transactions made through your Access, irrespective of whether you act negligently or willfully.
3. Use of your personal Information
4. Guidelines for using the Website and/or registered access
When using the Website, all illegal, harmful or otherwise inappropriate conduct, including, but not limited to the following, is prohibited:
• Providing any incorrect or false data when accessing and/or using the Website;
• Conducting in any fraudulent activities, in particular in connection with content on the Website;
• Sharing or making unauthorized copies of software, videos, audios, documents, music, images and other content;
• Illegal, harassing, hateful, defamatory, embarrassing, offensive, obscene, sexually explicit or otherwise objectionable actions;
• Using unauthorized software designed to modify or otherwise inappropriately use the Website or any part of it;
• Gaining unauthorized access to any of our or third party service providers’ computers, hardware, equipment, servers or networks used to support the Website;
• Hosting, intercepting, emulating, reverse engineering any part of the Website or redirecting the communication protocols used as part of the Website, regardless of the method used to do so (unless explicitly permitted under applicable law);
• Using or propagating computer viruses, worms, Trojan horses, trap door programs or any other malware whatsoever
5. Third-Party Content
The Website may contain links to websites of Merz Group and/or of other third-party entities or may offer access to third party content of Merz Group and/or of other third parties. We assume no liability in this respect.
6. Limitation of Liability
6.1 We are liable in accordance with statutory law (a) for damages arising as result of an injury to life, limb and/or health; (b) in case of intent; (c) in case of gross negligence; and/or (d) in case we are in breach of the requirements of the German Product Liability Act.
6.2 Without limiting the liability under section 6.1 above, the following applies: We may only be liable for slight negligence in cases of a breach of a “material” contractual obligation hereunder. “Material” obligations in this sense are obligations that are necessary for the fulfilment of this agreement, the breach of which would jeopardize the purpose of the agreement and the compliance with which you may generally trust in. In such cases, the liability will be limited to the typical and foreseeable damages; in other cases we shall not be liable for slight negligence.
7. Termination of the Access
7.1 Registered Users can terminate their Access at any time by sending an email to email@example.com or sending a letter to Merz Pharmaceuticals GmbH, Global Medical Education, Eckenheimer Landstrasse 100, 60318 Frankfurt Germany.
10. Applicable Law